FireFight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Offline Attacks

+3
venom
(3MI)Mena
Praetorian
7 posters

Go down

Offline Attacks Empty Offline Attacks

Post by Praetorian Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:54 pm

I don't know how easily this would be to code, but here goes...

There have been complaints by players stating that they come online just to find themselves in the hospital.
It's an inconvenience, I've had it happen myself.

What if there was a system in place that allowed a player to get out of the hospital free of charge if they were offline during the attack?

With this in mind, there would also be a limitation. This would only work every 20mins, reason being it would keep people from getting attacked, logging off and back on to get out of the hospital for free.

This would completely end the problem of people being in the hospital when they log on.

Discuss Exclamation

Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Offline Attacks Empty Re: Offline Attacks

Post by (3MI)Mena Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:09 pm

no way sounds lovely but this game = pretty ez to make cash i dont see this as needed if you where offline dont cry take your time like a tough lil soldier and get over it thats my view on this:P
(3MI)Mena
(3MI)Mena

Back to top Go down

Post by Praetorian Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:11 pm

Mena, the problem is that staff are getting a ton of complaints about this issue.
Rather than say toughen up, I'm looking for an alternative that can keep most of the populace happy.

Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by (3MI)Mena Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:17 pm

relly it is the kinda game where its based purely on stating up to kill each other there should not be a limit to whom you atk and when.. besides i have been pokeing around the trends and there is alot of money floting around this game your fee to get out sould not hurt you so much.....
(3MI)Mena
(3MI)Mena

Back to top Go down

Post by Praetorian Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:28 pm

I realize that people leave cash out all the time.
This would just keep complaints to staff to a minimum.

Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by (3MI)Mena Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:31 pm

staff should just ignore these complaints becase this is what the game is! killing each other not holding hands and giveing each other flowers and being all peacefull most are nice and w8 for offlines it wont matter if your going to take a piss or walking your dog if your blinker says off u should not complain at all.....
(3MI)Mena
(3MI)Mena

Back to top Go down

Post by venom Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:38 pm

(3MI)Mena wrote:staff should just ignore these complaints becase this is what the game is! killing each other not holding hands and giving each other flowers and being all peacefull most are nice and w8 for offlines it wont matter if your going to take a piss or walking your dog if your blinker says off u should not complain at all.....

exactly my point. and i would also like to add that the hospital fee is nothing compared to how the economy is right now. for me the 900k to get out of the hospital can be earned in like a minute.
venom
venom

Back to top Go down

Post by Praetorian Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:43 pm

I'd like to hear some staffers comments here.
How many complaints are you seeing on average?
Would a change like this allow the mentality of the game to progress in a positive direction?

Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by venom Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:46 pm

i don't even think this is possible, seeing as it can be abused if online hit
venom
venom

Back to top Go down

Post by liltrekkie Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:17 am

I maybe able to help reefer code it, im very good with PHP. I'll see what i can come up with.

Last edited by liltrekkie on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total

liltrekkie

Back to top Go down

Post by liltrekkie Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:18 am

opps double post Razz lol! afro

Last edited by liltrekkie on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total

liltrekkie

Back to top Go down

Post by (3MI)Mena Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:20 am

no ones saying this is gonna get put in or even looked at Discussing it is all where doing dont go jumping the gun becase in the end we have 0% say in it
(3MI)Mena
(3MI)Mena

Back to top Go down

Post by Praetorian Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:23 am

If we as players come up with a viable way of making the game more fun and playable; I don't see why it can't be a reality.

This is a game we're all choosing to play and be a part of after all.
Why not try and make it all it can be?

Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by (3MI)Mena Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:27 am

did i say your wrong for posting? im just saying some times these trends dont even get looked at becase people spew the same stuff out over and over and over:P its good to give suggestions but thats exactly what they are in the end we have little say in if its put in or not not knocking any ones ideas just stateing the facts
(3MI)Mena
(3MI)Mena

Back to top Go down

Post by Praetorian Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:29 am

I have a strong hunch that if we get enough good feedback that it'll get looked at.

Wink

Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Xero Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:53 am

Players would always find some way to abuse the system. The core tech may seem expensive, but as venom said, the money can be made in less than a minute. It costs me 400k to get out. I make 330 a run. If anything core tech should be more expensive.

Xero

http://www.myspace.com/martone16

Back to top Go down

Post by liltrekkie Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:16 pm

your right Xero, people would abuse it, so reefer of me would have to code it and make it were it can only be used every hour, not get attacked, log off, then back on. thats abusing the system. i'll see what i can do.

liltrekkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Laureli Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:52 am

I get complaints DAILY about online/offline hits.

Plus 3-5 players are reported every day or every other day regarding excessive hitting. This may not seem like a lot, but it's not always the same players, its different ones, every day. so in a given week that can be 50 or more complaints from 30-40 players. that stands out as more than isolated instances. And that is just my inbox, i'm sure LSK, Zika and Reefer also receive the same.

Personally, i dont think i would be a very good staffer if i just "ignored" these complaints as someone suggested. I look into every one for provocation and try to mediate a solution if possible. To blatantly ignore and dismiss them as 'whining" - without even looking into the whys or trying to help them -would be negligence on my part. At the very least, i will send a response, explaining the system and if any steps can be taken.

I was not a GM when the original "no camping" rule was instituted, so i cant speak to the level or frequency of complaints regarding it. But since it's inception, i've seen players try to "stretch" that rule within the boundaries of the system.

The biggest complaint about off-lines was: players would come online and be hospitalized. log out, come back a few minutes after the time, and be hospitalized again. No biggie you say? well when someone has done that every hour, on the hour, all day, for 3 days straight... they have essentially offline camped. different rule but same result. There are plenty of players out there who can give good experience -- why pick on the same one repeatedly if it's not personal? This can get frustrating for the casual player. The trick is trying to find the "happy medium" that will work for the hard core and casual gamers.

Praetorian wrote:I'd like to hear some staffers comments here.
How many complaints are you seeing on average?
Would a change like this allow the mentality of the game to progress in a positive direction?
Laureli
Laureli

Back to top Go down

Post by 786kas Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:28 am

How about instead of the Core Tech Lab costing more that the amount of times we can use it daily is limited? That way its better I think.

786kas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down