FireFight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RE: Online Attacks & Camping

+7
[SoA]DARKWOLF
yoann-uk@hotmail.com
SPBmayhem
Conquered Territories
Nikk Moore
venom
Renegade
11 posters

Go down

RE: Online Attacks & Camping Empty RE: Online Attacks & Camping

Post by Renegade Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:42 pm

Not for nothing, I've been apart of this game for quite some time, maybe not as active as many others on here but still a part of this game. I've played the game from a sit back and watch perspective prior to the reset and never ever said anything! I watch the reset happen and still kept my mouth shut as I had nothing to input about the reset that would matter. I've seen numerous admin messages/announcements being "law" at Reefer's whim due to the fact he's the boss and NEVER have I put my minuscule input in on it.

BUT....... This latest announcement takes the cake for any MMORPG on the internet!! My first reaction when I saw the topic was "This should be interesting" then as I'm reading it I'm laughing my A** off at the statements and fact that Reefer has been fielding COMPLAINTS/WHINEY A**ES messages about online attacks. OMFG, you have got to be kidding me!

Is this CHUTES AND LADDERS or a damn mafia style game?!?!?!

Is this RUBIKS CUBE or a damn mafia stlye game?!?!?!?!

I've seen and heard players bit** and moan about online attacks and the simple answer WITHOUT CRYING TO ADMINS is a simple one..... STAT THE FU** UP AND QUIT YOUR BIT**ING!! If you can't or don't want to Stat up to fight the attacks then find out what you can do to EASE the situation like a MOBSTER, not like BARBIE!!!!

Grow the hell up people!!! Mommy and Daddy aren't here to Slap lil Johnny's hand because he hit the attack button. STAT UP and do something about it!!! It's part of the game.

REEFER, I'M Glad you want to "Baby" everyone on this game but again this is not CHUTES AND LADDERS! You made a "MAFIA STYLE" game for all to play how they see fit, yet you are Bowing down to the crybabies getting hit! I've been warded online/offline for what weeks now due to my mugging antics and you know what, I still mug and still get hit for it. Maybe I should come CRYING TO the Admins and have them tell everyone to leave me alone.... GET REAL!!!!

The new "rule" about online attacks and bans if F.O.S. Want to know what that means... message me ingame. I'm out!
Renegade
Renegade

Back to top Go down

RE: Online Attacks & Camping Empty Re: RE: Online Attacks & Camping

Post by venom Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:50 pm

i think it is bs as well. thing is they cannot hire anyone to kill me since i am rank 1 lmao. but my attacks aren't "because i feel like it" online hits. they have a reason. i hate whiners
venom
venom

Back to top Go down

Post by Renegade Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:28 pm

Not for nothing... but how many times have I emptied my nerve on you Venom and mugged your a**? I recall quite a few times in the beginning right after the reset. I got hit for every damn mugging too, online quite often. I NEVER cried once about it. I never went to the admins about it, hell I never even messaged you crying about it. I took it as part of the game. I don't care if I got hit 10 times in a row because you felt the need, it is all part of the game.

Again, maybe I should start crying and complaining about getting hit online. It happens daily within a few minutes of me logging in, I'm whacked... by a select few players. Oh Me Oh My. I'm getting hit online!! What ever shall I do??! Give me a break with this BS announcement!!! It's utterly ridiculous to say the least!
Renegade
Renegade

Back to top Go down

Post by venom Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:38 pm

yup you did mug like 2mil max from me lmao
venom
venom

Back to top Go down

Post by Renegade Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:47 pm

I would have more of that cash too... if Only I was closer to your level.... LOL Very Happy
Renegade
Renegade

Back to top Go down

Post by venom Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:09 pm

that's like saying if i were stronger than you then i could kill you -.-
venom
venom

Back to top Go down

Post by Renegade Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:32 pm

Exactly.... IF is the key word there.... IF OTHERS WOULD STOP CRYING OVER SPILLED MILK... IF others would just stat up .... IF others would just play the damn game... IF others would STFU... IF XxxX would stop hitting me... IF IF IF.... JUST PLAY THE DAMN GAME ALREADY YOU CRY BABY BARBIES!!!!

I could go on and on but that makes my point crystal clear. Very Happy
Renegade
Renegade

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikk Moore Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:38 pm

Id like to say my self that I dont like the no camping thing, this is a Mafia game and i gotta agree, Players should be able to camp, but its those few players who can't stand to be hit, and honestly I'm hit online quite a bit, doesn't bother me lol.

But It's reefers game, and his choice.
Nikk Moore
Nikk Moore

Back to top Go down

Post by Renegade Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:08 pm

As a frequent player of MANY games similar to this one... IF you put in too many ridiculous restrictions on the way people play the game, you don't help the game, you drive players away. I've seen it time and time again with these style games.

Don't get me wrong, TOS are needed on every game, but the ridiculous rules implemented because of whine-a**es is just uncalled for. Next thing you know You'll get banned for mugging someone too often or when they don't have 1mill or more out..... Hmmmm wonder how many whiney-a** players cried to Reefer cause I mug them.... Attacking is part of the game PERIOD. Either deal with it or don't, but it doesn't mean to limit game play because someone gets hit online. Put in safeguards like 10 minute limit on hitting someone, hence if I hit you now, I can't hit you for another 10 minutes game time.

PROGRAM the game not the players!
Renegade
Renegade

Back to top Go down

Post by venom Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:14 pm

hmmm how about a function where you can hire a bodyguard for 30 minutes with like 50 points or so lol
venom
venom

Back to top Go down

Post by Renegade Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:34 pm

That could be an added option, I know of a couple other games that implemented "guards". There are so many ways to prevent the "constant" attacks but it seems the easiest way is to just Bi*&h and moan about it to admins till they say "Stop or I'll Ban you!". Hence it's just a "band-aid" on the problem not a fix to it.
Renegade
Renegade

Back to top Go down

Post by Conquered Territories Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:45 pm

I knew something like this would happen. I also knew that there was a chance that something was going to be enforced, it was just a matter of time. You have to admit that something like this to be expected. Players who once weak are now power hungry and want to take revenge on old players and you have some people abusing there power, so I can understand how annoying it is. being attacked repeatedly none-stop can ruin the game for some people and that's is why something had to be done. Well, that's just my opinion.
Conquered Territories
Conquered Territories

http://www.firefightff.com/viewuser.php?u=229

Back to top Go down

Post by venom Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:51 pm

Conquered Territories wrote:I knew something like this would happen. I also knew that there was a chance that something was going to be enforced, it was just a matter of time. You have to admit that something like this to be expected. Players who once weak are now power hungry and want to take revenge on old players and you have some people abusing there power, so I can understand how annoying it is. being attacked repeatedly none-stop can ruin the game for some people and that's is why something had to be done. Well, that's just my opinion.

some people shouldn't push the stronger players to the brink of war
venom
venom

Back to top Go down

Post by Renegade Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:07 pm

The fact of the matter is simple.... THIS ISN'T KEN AND BARBIE PLAYING HOUSE! IT'S A FREAKING MAFIA STYLE GAME!
Renegade
Renegade

Back to top Go down

Post by SPBmayhem Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:51 am

Venom wrote:hmmm how about a function where you can hire a bodyguard for 30 minutes with like 50 points or so lol

I have seen this in other comes bodygruads that help in battle....the only problem is that i found was that the stronger people could also buy bodyguards so it did change much unless reefer puts in a restriction of some type to stop better players hiring them

SPBmayhem

Back to top Go down

Post by yoann-uk@hotmail.com Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:11 pm

I agree with errrmmmm yeh renegade (anyway our votes for the reset didnt count for shit) but a mobster game is a mosbter game online attacks are part of the game
I remember at the begining when i was level 50 smokes used to camp me bears (we were at war)
So for the people who just started THEY have the advantage
yoann-uk@hotmail.com
yoann-uk@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by [SoA]DARKWOLF Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:16 pm

Wtf is up with this its the whole points of the game online hits some ppl should just get over it
[SoA]DARKWOLF
[SoA]DARKWOLF

http://www.kongregate.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xero Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:45 pm

..... Players can buy protection too... That's what its for...

(Btw I sell protection, id23)

But yeah, I get hit all the time, I could care less. Ill message the person asking why, and if the reason was a valid one whatever, ill let it slide.

I also think the removal of time off medkits made the situation worse, and brought out the bitchyness of a lot of players.

Xero

http://www.myspace.com/martone16

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardstyle Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:27 pm

Yeah this update is leaking with bull. I just had to roflstomp when I read it "No camping players". If its against the rule to camp/hit someone online, wheres the drive to play? I'm not sure if its like this for everyone but when someone camps me in any Mafia type browser game THATS what makes me want to play/train/gain more power then that person. Banning online hits and such is just too funny. For me personally it went from 'fun and high risk, run your mouth you pay for it' Very Happy to 'no-life for rank #1' Sleep

This game personally went from 'fun' to 'boring' (something to do when bored).

----

Sorry for my ideas being all over the place and I might not sound like I'm making any sense at all; sorta tired... Sleep

Hardstyle

Back to top Go down

Post by [SoA]DARKWOLF Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:45 pm

Xero wrote:..... Players can buy protection too... That's what its for...

(Btw I sell protection, id23)

But yeah, I get hit all the time, I could care less. Ill message the person asking why, and if the reason was a valid one whatever, ill let it slide.

I also think the removal of time off medkits made the situation worse, and brought out the bitchyness of a lot of players.

I agree with this med kits were quite important for some people - if i get hit online i doont really care ill pay my self out still some kids just take it to seriously
[SoA]DARKWOLF
[SoA]DARKWOLF

http://www.kongregate.com

Back to top Go down

Post by yoann-uk@hotmail.com Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:16 pm

you are a kid
yoann-uk@hotmail.com
yoann-uk@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by venom Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:04 pm

yoann-uk@hotmail.com wrote:you are a kid

hypocrite
venom
venom

Back to top Go down

Post by Xion Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:07 am

Errrr... I have nothing to add Smile
Xion
Xion

Back to top Go down

Post by Laureli Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:08 pm

I'm of 2 minds about the whole camping thing personally. I know the reasons why it was done and the goal it was trying to accomplish -- helping keep personal grudges and vendettas out of the game, and to stop players from 24/7 grudges making it impossible for the other person to play.

What i dont like is all the whining, and how people are already trying to take advantage of and hide behind the rule. I've had gang members threaten to quit, because they thought they would bring a war down on CoD because it was the only way someone could camp them. I've seen people antagonize others MORE than before- knowing they CANT be permanently camped unless in a gang war. As staff, i have had countless people asking me if 5 hits is considered excessive (3 of them being offline).... or complain the 5 hits meant someone gained a level or 2.

as far as i understand it - the rule was made for excessive on-lining. not to limit someone leveling. not to use an rule to be an ass and hide behind. and it doesnt work for all those single-players. since they cant war, does this mean theyre not allowed to camp at all? technically there can be a war btwn single players - but it's just not officially recognized by the game. maybe we can institute some sort of single-player gang registry so they can legally camp?

the gang system needs an overhaul anyways - there should be a way to stop single-member gangs from being able to just run from a war - then make a new gang 10 minutes later. a Prez/VP should not be allowed to run soon as a war starts, or leave their gang to a lvl 10 for 2 weeks then return and take it back over (exploiting another game rule)

the no camping rule was supposed to protect folks from being bullied out of the game. what ive seen it do is make people tattle-tales crying about anything they didnt like.

people shouldnt be allowed to wake up one day - say theyre a bunny on their profile attack a bunch of people, and then whine and cry when theyre attacked back and wonder why no one is paying their extortion fees, and be allowed to ask if they can camp people for failure to pay. again i feel this is bending and using the rule for the wrong reasons. [plus i dont like bunnys]

Renegade has put together the most comprehensive thought process and argument for why the rule needs to be modified. and he probably spends more time in the hospital from on-lines than any other single player. but he knows the consequences of his actions and game play and accepts that is the way it's gonna be. i'm guilty of hounding him down for 2 hours after an online mug. never once did he complain and just accepted it was what it was. and i am now more careful about when and where i do my mystery boxes. its live and learn.

But there is already too much drama currently. no one trusts the other. everybody is accusing everyone else of auto refreshers and tabs and cheating at the drop of the hat and none of these accusations brought to me have any proof. but the word gets out and it's slanderous. now we've got everyone all paranoid and ready to bust someone for 5 hits? come one people PLAY THE GAME. stop looking for loopholes, excuses and taking the easy way to everything. for gods sakes - own up to your actions and be responsible for the consequences. if you cant pay the time - dont do the crime!! duh.
Laureli
Laureli

Back to top Go down

Post by Renegade Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:47 pm

Renegade has put together the most comprehensive thought process and argument for why the rule needs to be modified. and he probably spends more time in the hospital from on-lines than any other single player. but he knows the consequences of his actions and game play and accepts that is the way it's gonna be. i'm guilty of hounding him down for 2 hours after an online mug. never once did he complain and just accepted it was what it was. and i am now more careful about when and where i do my mystery boxes. its live and learn.

Alas, I've been trying to be nicer to some COD members and just avoiding my mugging antics on them out of mutual respect that somehow has arisen from my game playing tactics. Don't get me wrong, I'll still mug COD if it's worth my time now, I just try not to start the mug with lower end cash being on hand as before with COD members ... Unless of course I'm just in a mood.. which does happen sometimes. Smile
Renegade
Renegade

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down