FireFight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Declaration of War

+5
liltrekkie
Xero
venom
(3MI)Mena
Praetorian
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Declaration of War - Page 2 Empty Re: Declaration of War

Post by (3MI)Mena Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:35 am

or if after a couple of hours the war starts and after x many kills or hours the war ends and the winner is picked
(3MI)Mena
(3MI)Mena

Back to top Go down

Post by venom Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:36 am

i think we are giving reefer more work than he has to do.
venom
venom

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ikasaurus Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:37 am

I don't usually look at the forum because whining annoys me, but praetorian asked me to take a look.

There are some good features suggested by everyone. Here are some random thoughts on this:

I like the idea of a form, particularly the surrender fee being prearranged
and transferred automatically vault to vault. Reefer would need to add some coding that would require that the funds are there prior to agreeing to the terms.

Perhaps allow a one time forced surrender of 25 points. This way a weak gang couldn't try to piss off a strong one and simply refuse to agree to terms. Also a strong one could not force a weak one into war. After forcing this 25 point surrender you would not be able to demand that a declaration of war be agreed to. (one time or maybe add a 90 day refresh or something)

Perhaps get an allowance of 20% of your gang that can be designated as "training" and could not be hit.

I like the lock in feature during the war. At least lock in the leaders.

I always think of war as being about online hitting. Please at least strip away the 1 hour rule in active war.

Only remove the hour restriction on attacks of players 25 levels your junior. This way a 100 level player could camp an 90th level player, but not a 70th level player. (hourly hits would still be ok)

A 250 point (or round about there) bump in respect for winning a war in addition to any earned throughout the war. Maybe more. Maybe 1,000 or whatever folks think is reasonable.

Ok. That's all I gots for now.

The Ikasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by Praetorian Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:47 am

Nice Ik!
Thanks for posting.
You have some great ideas here. I'm relatively new to the game so having some more seasoned players post is invaluable.

Prearranged surrender fees, makes sense.
I agree that the fun in war is the online portion of it. Offline hits can be shrugged off.
When done correctly building up for a war can be a frenzy of excitement for a gang. If everyone knows they are going to be declaring, they'll start levelling up, statting up.
Removing the hour restriction is a must for this to work.
I like your idea about level limitations with the hits.
Having a nice point bump would also breath new life into wars.

Great suggestions.

Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by SIR BARRICADE Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:52 am

I agree with zero abt having war funds direct depo
I also agree with venom athat if a gang is at war then it is locked down
not onlt to prevent them from leaving but also fron the weak gang hiring new members just to change the outcome of the war
SIR BARRICADE
SIR BARRICADE

Back to top Go down

Post by 786kas Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:57 am

Good idea man, but there are quite a few higher levels including myself who like war, I would like to see the one hour rule disbanded but no one should be excluded from war, everyone in the gang has an obligation to contribute to their gang regardless of stats or level.

786kas

Back to top Go down

Post by (3MI)Mena Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:46 pm

i fully agree with ^ that statment you joined the gang u should be willing to die for it .....
(3MI)Mena
(3MI)Mena

Back to top Go down

Post by Praetorian Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:43 pm

I fully understand where everyone is coming from in regards to being part of a gang. You do have some obligations.
If you're a fledgling gang, with a few higher level players and some newer players..why make it impossible for the higher ups to enjoy a friendly war once in awhile?

Barricade and Kas, thanks for taking the time to post.

I want this to be a way for Fire Fight to have wars be fun again.
In it's current state, wars are trivial and pointless.

Are we all in agreement that aside from removing the hour attack limitation that there should be more at stake with a war?

Most of the posts have really focused on what's broken with the system, so let's figure out how to fix it.

Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Laureli Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:51 pm

respect does deteriorate in a way - an inactive gang essentially becomes a respect bunny. There should be a way for a gang to automatically dissolve after they hit a certain number (say negative 100, -100) - and any players in the gang would then default to N/A.

Praetorian wrote:Not bad Mena.
If a gang is completely inactive. I think their respect should start to deteriorate.

I really like the idea of a "lock" on people leaving a gang once a war is engaged, and a pre-arranged surrender fee. I've suggested a few gang/war overhauls before. I dont think the ideas presented here are undoable. They just might take some time and would need to be implemented slowly. i agree that it is time to re-think how wars are waged and their purpose.
Laureli
Laureli

Back to top Go down

Post by Praetorian Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:54 pm

Thanks for posting Laureli

Very Happy

Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by (3MI)Mena Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:09 pm

in a diffrent game i play once it hits 0 your gang is disbanded every one is booted and the gang is removed completely
(3MI)Mena
(3MI)Mena

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ikasaurus Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:41 pm

(3MI)Mena wrote:in a diffrent game i play once it hits 0 your gang is disbanded every one is booted and the gang is removed completely

I think it was that way here long ago. Not sure why it changed. It seems to make more sense that way.

The Ikasaurus

Back to top Go down

Post by Praetorian Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:55 am

I'd love to get more input from people.
Please tell your gang members to come and voice their opinions.

Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by liltrekkie Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:23 am

well tough luck praetorian, you got me instead.

This would take a VERY long time to create, this would also have to be done in steps. i think leaders have to select wepons, surrenders, number of online hits and offline hits, and number of mugs each player can do. there sould also be a wepons vault to keep stored wepons that will be used to attack a gang.

liltrekkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Praetorian Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:55 am

Better a very long time than leave it as is wouldn't you say?

I think that online/offline hits should be unlimited.
Plain and simple.
Otherwise we end up with it being like post civil war armies lining up in pretty lines and taking turns shooting at each other.
Lets get our hands dirty.
Mugs should remain as it is. You mug you have to expect to do some hospital time if you can't be the player you mugged.
I'm not clear on the weapons vault idea, how would that work?
Are you referring to maybe having higher powered weapons that members could use temporarily during times of war?

Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum