FireFight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Declaration of War

+5
liltrekkie
Xero
venom
(3MI)Mena
Praetorian
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Declaration of War Empty Declaration of War

Post by Praetorian Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:48 pm

Let me just set the record straight.
This is not going to be a thread about how the new rules suck, or an opportunity for people to vent.
I want this to be a productive and intellectual discussion on how we can make some positive changes to this game.
With that said...

Declarations of War

Gang A wants to declare war on Gang B.
Gang A sends a Declaration of War to Gang B.
The Declaration of War contains the following:

Levels of players that will be included: Some players don't have any desire to be involved in a gang war, this being said it's unfortunate to see gang members leave a gang just to return when it's over.
This isn't good for morale and it take away from the fun for players not wanting to participate.
It also keeps the playing field even, why should a lvl 200 player be rewarded for putting a lvl 40 in the hospital?

Excluded players: Higher level players may want to take a more casual approach to the game, and being in a war doesn't fit their style of play. This gives Gang Leaders the option to exclude certain players that don't want to hinder their gangs or be easy marks. It also gives players that aren't statted up enough to be a contributor time to build up their e-muscle.

Online and Offline Hits: Leaders will be able to agree upon how often hits are able to be made. It could be as little as every 20 minutes, every 30 minutes...whatever the Leaders agree upon. This would allow for the gameplay to be fast paced and exciting.
It would be the chance that some players are looking for to take a break from the current one hour ruling. This might also pave the way for some tweaks to the current limitations as more players grow accustomed to it.

Terms of Surrender: Here rival gangs could ink out what the loser would have to give up during the surrender.
This could be a certain number of points that the winning gang receives, ie: 500 points, a certain amount of money. Whatever they agree upon.

My purpose here is to generate some talk between the players to see what we can all come to a basic agreement on. These are just some preliminary ideas.
Please post your responses, your likes or dislikes about what I've proposed.
If you have an idea that can strengthen this, by all means post it.

Lets see if we can make Gang Wars more fun and better than any game out there!

Thanks for reading...now discuss Exclamation

Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Declaration of War Empty Re: Declaration of War

Post by (3MI)Mena Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:14 pm

Excluded players: Higher level players may want to take a more casual approach to the game, and being in a war doesn't fit their style of play. This gives Gang Leaders the option to exclude certain players that don't want to hinder their gangs or be easy marks. It also gives players that aren't statted up enough to be a contributor time to build up their e-muscle.
~~~~
i like and dislike this if your in a gang you should be willing to fight or die for your gang..... but as a 1 day old player it would be nice not to be hit every chance the other gangs wanna war with your gang:P
(3MI)Mena
(3MI)Mena

Back to top Go down

Post by Praetorian Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:26 pm

The point I wanted to make with the higher lvl players is that some players may want to be more casual.
This might just be a fun escape for them.
They may also just be points traders wanting to lvl up here and there for fun, while being in a gang that they can talk to and have fun with.
If you're of a higher lvl and are statted up, then you are a liability in times of war.
It just keeps the wars true to form, rather than being a pad when you hit these players.

Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by venom Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:34 pm

cannot believe i actually read all of this. wars are not meant to be organized. one kills the other until they forfeit. the only thought gang leaders should have during the war is to destroy the opposing clan. the only agreement should be the terms of surrender. you go online and you kill them until they surrender. simple as that.
venom
venom

Back to top Go down

Post by (3MI)Mena Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:35 pm

agreed^
(3MI)Mena
(3MI)Mena

Back to top Go down

Post by Praetorian Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:40 pm

You both fully understand the limitations of war right now correct?

Venom, thanks for taking the time to post.
Wouldn't you want to see some changes made rather than keeping things where they are?

Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by venom Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:44 pm

Praetorian wrote:You both fully understand the limitations of war right now correct?

Venom, thanks for taking the time to post.
Wouldn't you want to see some changes made rather than keeping things where they are?

reefer is on, he can state his opinion towards this matter. it really doesn't matter what i think or others do... the gameplay is starting to be very restrained and yet the suggestion says that the gang leaders have to agree on the terms of war. there is only 1 winner in online wars. irl is different, so the gang with the strongest player will kill all. your suggestion states that the gang leaders have to discuss the terms of war, and in every case that will not happen. ONLY THE STRONG ONES WANT WAR.
venom
venom

Back to top Go down

Post by Praetorian Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:46 pm

I appreciate you takin gthe time to comment though Venom.
You may not think you're opinion matters, you have to remember that this is a game that staff wants to be fun for everyone.

Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Xero Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:46 pm

I think the gang starting the war needs to fill the form out, and the receiving gang leader gets an event. That holds the declaration and the receiving gang has no control over it, just to fight as hard as they can.

And if the receiving gang wants to change it they can propose a change which sends an event back to the declaring wars leader and he/she can then accept or decline the changes.

The surrender fee should be taken straight from the losing gangs vult, and deposited into the winning gangs vault.

Xero

http://www.myspace.com/martone16

Back to top Go down

Post by Praetorian Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:47 pm

Thanks for posting Xero.
Great suggestions.

Keep em coming folks.

Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by venom Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:48 pm

Xero wrote:I think the gang starting the war needs to fill the form out, and the receiving gang leader gets an event. That holds the declaration and the receiving gang has no control over it, just to fight as hard as they can.

And if the receiving gang wants to change it they can propose a change which sends an event back to the declaring wars leader and he/she can then accept or decline the changes.

The surrender fee should be taken straight from the losing gangs vult, and deposited into the winning gangs vault.

i actually like this idea better. might want to get the staff members to look at it. i cannot Sad
venom
venom

Back to top Go down

Post by Praetorian Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:51 pm

Well, Xero and I have been discussing this idea.
Any ideas or changes can be made to the original.
I am mainly looking for a way to make wars fun and purposeful.

Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by venom Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:52 pm

how about during times of war, players are not allowed to leave the gang. should make things more interesting
venom
venom

Back to top Go down

Post by Praetorian Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:55 pm

That's a possibility.
That's the main reason I was pushing for exclusions.
It's no fun to be a lvl 40 hit by a lvl 100 or whatever and not feeling like you can really contribute at all.
If you have a gang full of lower levels, where is the fun/challenge to keep them in the hospital.
The upper level players should still be able to have some fun.

Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by (3MI)Mena Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:59 pm

i was gonna say wining team gets cash or something besides respect from the other gang make it more fun vault to vault is good kinda like a diffrent game i p lay:P venom knows it to:P
(3MI)Mena
(3MI)Mena

Back to top Go down

Post by Praetorian Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:03 am

Terms of Surrender: Here rival gangs could ink out what the loser would have to give up during the surrender.
This could be a certain number of points that the winning gang receives, ie: 500 points, a certain amount of money. Whatever they agree upon.

Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by (3MI)Mena Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:09 am

i saw that.... no need to repeat it
(3MI)Mena
(3MI)Mena

Back to top Go down

Post by Praetorian Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:15 am

Sorry, I just read this:

"i was gonna say wining team gets cash or something besides respect from the other gang make it more fun"

And thought you had missed my comments on it.

Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Xero Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:17 am

Thanks venom and prae Smile

Xero

Back to top Go down

Post by liltrekkie Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:20 am

i like it

liltrekkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Xero Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:23 am

The main reason I suggested that the declaring gang have first say is because there are a few inactive gangs.

For nstance, what if the leader never logs on again, and their gang has the #3 spot for respect. Then no one could ever declare on them and that inactive gang will forever e there.

Xero

Back to top Go down

Post by (3MI)Mena Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:24 am

or have it if your leader goes inactive u can take over the gang
(3MI)Mena
(3MI)Mena

Back to top Go down

Post by Praetorian Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:27 am

Good point Xero.

I think that gangs should have to remain active to keep their respect level.
Inactivity will bring a decline in their level automatically.

Maybe look at making the top 3 respected gangs have a benefit to keeping that position?

Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by (3MI)Mena Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:29 am

k im thinking this 7 days inactive coleader takes leader spot then picks a new co leader bad good?o.o
(3MI)Mena
(3MI)Mena

Back to top Go down

Post by Praetorian Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:32 am

Not bad Mena.
If a gang is completely inactive. I think their respect should start to deteriorate.

Praetorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum